Places of Interest
See a full map of our recommendations for hotels, restaurants, and places of interest here!
- Fenway Park - The Red Sox will be out of town, but it's the perfect opportunity to take in a tour of Fenway. We spend a lot of time here!
- Boston Public Garden - The first public botanical garden in America. Full of beautiful trees, plantings, Swan Boats, and the "Make Way for Ducklings" Statues.
- Harpoon Brewery and Beer Hall - Come for the beer, stay for the pretzels.
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum - Gorgeous garden courtyard surrounded by priceless paintings and tapestries from artists like Degas, Manet, and Michelangelo.
- The 100th annual St. Anthony's Feast in the North End (August 22-25)
- Mike's Pastry - North End standard for Italian pastries and cannolis. We went here after one of our first dates (Elizabeth's favorite is the chocolate mousse cannoli!).
- Sweet Cheeks - Do yourself a favor and get the bucket o' biscuits with honey butter.
- Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe - A hole in the wall with the best handpulled noodles ever.
- Tatte Bakery and Cafe - Local chain with delicious sandwiches, pastries, and coffee. Great option for a quick breakfast or lunch if you're staying at the Park Plaza or Westin Copley.
- Flour Bakery and Cafe - Another great option for breakfast, lunch, and coffee if you're staying downtown. Try the sticky buns.
- Barcelona Wine Bar (South End and Brookline) - Excellent tapas, great for groups too! Reservations highly recommended if you don't like waiting for two hours.